Tactical Airlift Mission Software Suite
The TAMSS system integrates a secure data infrastructure with secret-level data flows, processing, and information display. It enables aircrews’ improved battlespace awareness through connectivity to Tactical Data Networks (TDNs). TAMSS provides the capability for dynamic battlespace and mission management through secure data exchanges with the theatre Air and Space Operations Center (AOC), and Contingency Response Group (CRG)/Contingency Response Element (CRE).
TAMSS provides the aircrew with the ability to use networked communication capabilities throughout all theaters of operation with increased situational awareness. It also provides an increase in digital combat communications with the ability to communicate with command and control. Additionally, the TAMSS system enables the aircrew to view and control networked communications while new situational awareness data is being displayed.
The TAMSS system is comprised of:
- Pilot, copilot and navigator display assemblies.
- A Situation Awareness Data Link (SADL) line of sight radio.
- An ARC-210 UHF SATCOM beyond line of sight radio.
- Iridium beyond line of sight radio.
- A processor/computer/server that connects and coordinates the communication between the displays and radios.
Borsight’s Situational Awareness and Data Link Gateway software is integrated into the PMD for maximum pilot, co-pilot, navigator flexibility. Controlled Image Base (CIB) data is obtained from geo-referenced satellite imagery. Scales of 1m, 5m, and 10m are supported. Also included is an Electronic Flight Bag to provide geo-referenced approach plate and charts, threat awareness information, and targeting pod:
- RPF Maps (FalconView Maps)
- CIB Imagery
- ¼ Meter Imagery
- Data Link Overlays (SADL, Link 16, JREAP A/B/C)
- Radio Control (ARC-210, SADL, STT)
- DoD Operations
- Domestic Operations
- Weather Overlays
- Geo-referenced Low/High Charts
- Integrated Electronic Flight Bag
- Litening II Targeting Pod Control and Display (SPAD)
- Electronic Threat Situational Awareness (AECIS)
- Joint Precision Air Drop System II (JPADS II)
- Tele-Medicine for Medivac Operations
- Mobility Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (MACARS)